bondura® PIN type 6.1 is the perfect choice when you have no access or visibility to one of the sides, but full access to the other during installation and retrieval of the pin.
bondura® PIN type 6.1 is one of our best sellers when installing in complicated positions. It is designed to be installed and retrieved from one side only and will ensure a perfect fit also at the hidden pin end.
This version requires sufficient distance on one side only to install the complete pin assembly into the support bore.
- The assembly consists mainly of a load bearing pin with a separate center axle,conically machined pin ends with a conical end-sleeve, an end plate with tightening screws at one end, and a conical end-sleeve connected to the center axle at the other (to torque up the hidden pin end)
- When torquing the pin assembly, the end-sleeves move axially and expand radially until locking the pin assembly to the supports, as a wedge.
- A torque wrench is required to tighten the screws and center axle at one side only (until reaching the calculated torque value)
- A correctly installed bondura® PIN type 6.1 protects both the supports of your equipment and the pin assembly itself against tear, wear, ovality, breakage and fretting.
- If you need to retrieve the pin assembly, the bondura® multi-tool is the best and safest solution. These tools can be mechanically or hydraulically operated, depending on the pin size.
bondura® multi-tools are available for both rental and purchase
- The different parts of the pin assembly can be produced in a range of material qualities with different surface treatments, depending on your specific requirements.
Our highly skilled engineering team will help select and design the optimal solution for your purpose.
- All bondura® pin assemblies are wrapped in anti-corrosion film, perfectly protected and prepared for delivery.
- A User Manual will always follow the delivery and is available for download (see Documents section below).
- The bondura® PIN type 6.1 is the most cost-efficient solution for your needs when you have access to one side of the equipment supports only, but need to wedge lock at the hidden end also.
- Designed to fit perfectly to your needs.